Data Protection And Privacy Rules
DATA PROTECTION AND PRIVACY RULES
We are committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy.
The data controller is The Racing Manager Limited of 39 Long Acre, London, WC2E 9LG.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Adrian Ash.
Legal basis for the processing of personal information
TRM bases its processing of Your personal information on one or more of the following grounds, as permitted by data protection law:
- processing based on Your explicit consent to such processing;
- processing based on TRM’s legitimate interests as the operator of a Site aimed to facilitate the ownership and management of racehorses; and
- processing based on the need for TRM to be able to use Your personal information in order to perform obligations required under these Terms and/or due to the need to administer the contract in relation to the Members and to invoice the Members as required under these Terms.
We may collect and process the following data about You:
You may give Us information about You by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with Us by phone, email or otherwise. This includes information You provide when You register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, place an order on our Site, use our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our Site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, and when You report a problem with our Site. The information You give Us may include Your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
With regard to each of Your visits to our Site, We may automatically collect the following information:
A cookie is a small file (of letters and numbers) that We store on Your browser or the hard drive of Your computer if You agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to Your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable You to log onto secure areas of our website, use the shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies: they allow Us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps Us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies: these are used to recognise You when You return to our website. This enables Us to personalise our content for You, greet You by name and remember Your preferences (for example, Your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies: these cookies record Your visit to our website, the pages You have visited and the links You have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising space on it more relevant to Your interests.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on Your browser that allows You to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if You use Your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies), You may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
We use information held about You in the following ways:
We will use this information:
We will use this information:
We may combine this information with information You give to Us and information We collect about You. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information We receive).
- the right to rectify any inaccuracies in personal information held on You;
- the right of portability – this is the right to require personal data to be provided in a commonly used electronic form (in specified circumstances only);
- the right to object to processing based on legitimate interests;
- the right to erasure (“the right to be forgotten”) – this right is broadly the right to have certain personal data erased in specified situations, normally where the processing fails to meet the requirements of data protection laws;
- the right to object to Your personal data being used for profiling and automated decision-taking.
The Act gives You the right to access information held about You. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing You with details of the information We hold about You.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties. If You follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before You submit any personal data to these websites.